These 100 degree days may be hard on you and your pets, but it can also be hard on your home appliances! Here are a few helpful reminders to check on this week to make sure your home is running as efficiently as possible during these hot summer months:
1. If you haven’t changed your furnace filter in the last 3 months, it’s time!
2. Your outside AC Unit needs to be cleaned off with a hose and water. Make sure the unit is turned OFF before spraying it down with water and clearing the unit of cottonwood, tree sprouts, and dust. DO NOT use a power washer, as it can bend your coils and cause issues.
3. During the heat of the day, keep your window shades down.
4. Don’t adjust your thermostat when you leave for a long weekend. When you come home and readjust the temperature from 75 to 72 degrees, your AC Unit works overtime to bring the temperature back down. Try to keep your temperature settings as consistent as possible, even when you are away from the home.
5. Limit your use of appliances that bring heat into the home, such as your oven and dryer.
6. Keep the windows shut at night. Humidity enters the home through your windows, and your AC Unit then has to work overtime the following day to remove the humidity and cool the house back down to a comfortable temperature.
Any and all of these helpful tips will help keep your home at a comfortable, safe temperature as the summer brings on the heat. If you haven’t had your AC Unit cleaned yet and are needing to get on the schedule, our office number is 888-858-5872, or respond to this email for availability!