Maintaining your refrigerator is important for ensuring that it runs efficiently and keeps your food fresh. Here are some steps you can follow to maintain your refrigerator:
- Clean the interior: Wipe down the interior with a mild soap and water solution. Remove any spoiled food and discard it, and clean any spills or stains as soon as they occur.
- Check the seals: Check the seals around the doors to make sure they are tight and not worn. A damaged seal can cause warm air to enter the refrigerator and spoil food.
- Replace the water filter: If your refrigerator has a built-in filtration system, replace the water filter according to the manufacturer’s instructions. This will ensure that the water you drink is clean and free of impurities.
- Clean the coils: Dust and debris can accumulate on the coils at the back of the refrigerator, reducing its efficiency. Clean the coils periodically with a vacuum cleaner to remove any debris.
- Adjust the temperature: Make sure that the temperature inside the refrigerator is set to between 33°F and 40°F, and the temperature in the freezer is set to 0°F or below.
- Keep it organized: Store food properly in airtight containers and make sure that the shelves are not overcrowded. This will allow air to circulate freely and keep food fresher for longer.
- Defrost the freezer: If you have a manual defrost freezer, defrost it periodically to remove any ice buildup. This will keep the freezer running efficiently and prevent freezer burn.
By following these steps, you can help maintain your refrigerator and keep it running efficiently for years to come.
Are you looking for more Routine Home Maintenance tips and tricks? Follow us on Instagram or subscribe on YouTube.