Air duct cleaning the right way can be done at any time of the year in Minnesota. But when should you get your air ducts cleaned? Below are benefits for each season, highlighting why it’s always the best time of the year to clean your air ducts.
The Best Time of Year to Clean Air Ducts: Benefits for Each Season
If we have to choose the best time of year to clean air ducts, it would be the spring or fall. You’ll notice your furnace and air conditioning don’t kick on as much during this time so dust will settle. Before the constant movement of air begins during summer and winter, the transitional seasons are the best time to clean your air ducts. But, there truly are benefits to each season.
Winter is a busy time for your furnace. This is the time of year you’re often keeping your home’s interior 50 or more degrees warmer than it is outside. For this reason, your furnace is working in overdrive. In the winter, you will likely find more dust in your home due to the circulation and spending more time indoors.
The benefits of cleaning your air ducts in the winter months include:
- Air can flow more freely through your air ducts.
- Removing dust and allergens from your HVAC system will help you get through the flu season.
- Your furnace blower fan won’t be circulating dust throughout your home while you’re spending almost all your time indoors.
Spring is also a great time to clean your air ducts. For most, it’s the time of year you get the itch to clean your entire home. That first warm spring day comes; the sun is shining, and the windows are sprung open. (Insert birds chirping.)
At this point in the season, dust may have settled on the A-coil in your furnace as the A-coil has been dormant since the air conditioner last ran. During your air duct cleaning service, our service experts clean out your furnace to ensure the entire system is cleaned. This includes vacuuming off the A-coils.
Several of our reviewers on Google and Facebook have told us that cleaning their ducts reminded them of the first day of spring with fresh, clean air flowing through the home. Having your air ducts cleaned, paired with that spring cleaning, will make for a healthier, happier home going into summer.
The benefits of cleaning your air ducts in the spring include:
- A-coil is clean in your furnace and clear of dust (if you hire the right company)
- Completes your entire, whole-home cleaning removing all the dust.
- Helps keep your utility bills down going into summer.
Summer is also a great time to get your air ducts cleaned. It’s the time of year AC units run more frequently, especially on those 90-plus degree days. With the air almost constantly running, dust accumulates faster than normal on your nightstands and countertops. In addition to air duct cleaning, we also offer an air conditioner cleaning service. When both your AC unit and air ducts are cleaned, your entire HVAC system will run more efficiently while helping lower your utility bills.
The benefits to cleaning your air ducts in the summer include:
- You can get your entire HVAC system cleaned.
- Your air conditioner will run more efficiently.
The top benefit to cleaning your air ducts in the fall is preparing your HVAC for winter. Fall is the mildest time of year for your furnace, and you’ll notice more downtime compared to other seasons. For this reason, dust and debris build up. When you turn the heat on for the first time in the fall, you may pick up on a light burning smell. This smell comes from dust, dander and debris that have built up in your furnace over time, as they burn off of the heating elements. For this reason, a lot of homeowners get their air ducts cleaned in the fall.
The benefits to cleaning your air ducts in the fall include:
- Remove dust, dander and debris from your furnace, preventing a burning smell.
- Ridding dust from your home before spending a significant amount of time indoors.
- Help your furnace run more efficiently for the winter.
Other times when you should get your air ducts cleaned
Our Kura Home Maintenance, our air duct cleaning team can clean air ducts efficiently any time of the year. We provide the most thorough cleaning available, with transparent pricing and no hidden fees.
People often call us for air duct cleaning due to the following life events/reasons:
- It’s been three or more years since their last air duct cleaning.
- Moving into a new home. When moving, it’s good to get all of the old skin cells, dust and debris out of the system, as it’s often impossible to determine when the previous homeowners last had the air duct cleaned.
- After new construction or a remodeling project is completed.
- New baby is moved into the home.
- Dust! Finding dust on your nightstands or countertops shortly after dusting shouldn’t happen.
- Sneezing and coughing in the home. Anyone that is sensitive to air quality usually calls us every three years.
Is it the best time of year to clean your air ducts?
When you decide it’s the best time of year to clean your air ducts, we’d love the opportunity to show you the Kura Home difference. Contact us or call today at 612.503.4050 to get the dust and debris out of your home!